Tuesday, March 6, 2007

When You Eat Your Smarties...

Well, you know what's coming. 'Do you eat the red ones last?'

I do. I actually think it shows a sort of understanding, patience, and optimism that the best is yet to come. In large part, it is a display of a part of what makes us human.

However, in the past few years I've begun starting to notice something... Something amiss... I havn't stopped using my technique, because I don't want to lose that part of myself, but I'm starting to accept that I may have to.

Just two days ago, Michelle & I are driving back from the NWT, and I'm munching on some Starburst I've laid out on the middle arm-rest. I go through my normal process, and am just popping the last crappy yellow candy into my mouth. 'Wait for it' I think to myself... And... Sure enough, as soon as that last yellow one is in my mouth I see it! A little hand scoots over from the other side of the truck and proceeds to start taking the good candies which are left.

Now I don't mind sharing, but this just goes to far... So I'll modify my human eating habits to better resemble those of wolves tearing at a carcas. Each one hurrying to get as much as he can before the next one finds the nice soft meat. Humanity is Doomed.

No comments: