Sunday, May 18, 2008

Think For Yourself (Or At Least Let Someone Intelligent Do It For You)

OK, it's taken a while to find another thing that bugs me, but I finally did it (and yes, it involves politics). It's commonly accepted that the economy is issue #1 in the upcoming U.S. election. Of course if you ask me it should always be issue #1, but most people don't mind being blissfully ignorant until oil hits 100 bucks a barrel.

So here's MY issue. We know the economy is #1. Hillary & Obama are pretty much neck & neck in the race (although Obama is looking to clinch the nomination). But, Hillary Clinton's campaign is $20M in debt! And she keeps lending money TO HERSELF! And she's performing solidly in the national polls? WHAT? The economy is issue #1, and we have a finalist (who is still performing very well) that can't even run a campaign without going into serious debt? And she's supposedly doing extreemly well with voters who say the economy is the biggest issue.

I'm no genius, but I'd think twice before I took financial advice from someone up to thier neck in credit card debt, so I sure as hell wouldn't want them running the country.....

3 comments:

Megan said...

It's fascinating to watch. From a distance.

Torq said...

Heh, it IS pretty funny isn't it? I'm not sure why she thought this was a good idea... I suppose that it was either foot the bill herself or not run.

That may have been the better option!

Anonymous said...

You just watch now... over the next few weeks, the two campaigns will amalgamate, and the Obama camp will assimilate the Hillary debts... That's not cynicism talking, but history...
Republican Dad