Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Thanks for The Advice.....Dusch-bag!!!

We're all up in arms over the rising fuel prices (yes, me too). The question is, what should we do about it (I'll save MY thoughts as they may be too logical for the vast majority and I kinda wanna fit in). I see people on the news EVERY DAY. "the Oil Companies should do this....that....this...." One commercial drew my attention. It's for Brittish Petroleum (BP). In it, there's regular folks explaining how the oil companies have to move into alternatives etc, etc, to get the prices down. After this, it shows the investments BP is making in alternative fuels. Nice touch!

Now, do you really think explaining to the oil companies is going to work? There's a reason those guys are bringing home 50 million a year as compared with your 50 thousand. They're not stupid! Just picture someone explaining to YOU how to decrease your Net Worth! Even the dumbest among us wouldn't go for that. "Thanks, but no thanks." Think people... Or at least shut up!

2 comments:

Megan said...

As consumers, we have the power. All we have to do is stop buying oil and put our money into alternative energy sources.

What? We don't want to do that? It's easier to just complain and blame the other guy? Carry on, then.

Anonymous said...

I wish not concur on it. I assume nice post. Especially the title attracted me to read the unscathed story.