Thursday, January 18, 2007

PRIDE

I'll be the one to break the news, because I believe the truth has been largely diminished. Pride is why you are all here today. I'll go so far as to say that Pride is one of the fundamentals of the human race.

Ya, Ya, say it..... "Love"... But when that kid of yours does something stupid like shooting up a school you still Love him, you're just not Proud of him. So for now I'm telling you to take your Love & stick it! We care about the things we're proud of anyways, and it's besides the point.

I'm bothered by what Pride has become, and I'm bothered by you people who are Proud.
I'm not talking about those "hoity-toity"-proud people, or even the "cocky"-proud people. While I don't condone acting like a Dick, I can't argue with the fact that they may perhaps have something to be proud of. I'm saying there's far too many of you out there throwing around the phrase "I'm proud to be American/Canadian/Newfoundlander/....Whatever"

And If you truly are, that's fine. However, I do wish to argue that if you are proud to be something you should probably embody the essence of whatever it is you are proud to be. If you are a Republican, that's fine, but if you are Proud to be a Republican, then you should probably be out there participating in thier cause.

If you're proud to be a Newfoundlander (yes, this is what I've been getting at), then you should probably embody the same qualities that earned Newfoundland its Pride. IE: Be a hard-working fisherman, work on high-rises in Toronto/the US, be working in "the patch", or really just be a hard-worker in whatever you do.

If you don't embody these qualities, you don't really deserve to be Proud, and you don't really deserve the title you think you're so proud of. You, my friend, are not proud of yourself, you are proud of ME.

No comments: