Sunday, December 10, 2006

But While I'm Here...

I do feel the need to mention that I've just spent 50 of my hard-earned dollars on the purchase of a REAL Christmas tree (yes Dad, I know it's not Christmas eve yet, but my tree is up nonetheless). I could have bought a fake tree, which was better-proportioned, wouldn't have left a mess everywhere it was dragged, and could have been used for several years for a slightly lower price. I admit this purchase was my own choice, but I refuse to use a fake tree, and this is besides the point. What I fail to comprehend is how it is cheaper to hire a child from a foreign land to dig iron from the ground and twist it, along with plastics, into the shape of a tree, then ship this product halfway around the world to be sold in a store, then it is to hire an American/Canadian to walk into the woods, spend two minutes cutting down a tree, and then drag the tree to the side of the road to be sold. And yet somehow us Americans (yes, myself included) are all underpaid? Perhaps I'm still young & naive and I'll understand this with age.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I've posted a link on my site. You can get a site meter that could tell you how many hits you get. Mine has been helpful in figuring out who my audience is.

Kevin Holsapple said...

It is NOT the proper time to put up a Christmas tree, but considering the fact that I will not put up any tree whatever, I should not criticise.
Bravo.